Event Driven FundJAEIX - I SHARES | JAESX - R6 SHARES
- $4.38 M
Portfolio Assets 5-14-2021
- $4.38 M
- $10.78 NAV 5-14-2021
*The Fund’s investment adviser has contractually agreed to reduce its fees and/or absorb expenses until at least March 19, 2023 for I Shares to ensure that net annual operating expenses will not exceed 1.48%, subject to possible recoupment from the Fund in future years.
Overall Morningstar rating as of March 31, 2021. Based on risk-adjusted returns. Category: Multialternative out of 228 funds.3
$852.2 Billion Market Capitalization
That’s the market cap of the HFRI Event-Driven Total Index, which represents 26% of the total hedge fund capital as of 9/30/19.
$549 Billion AUM in Event Driven Strategies
Another $237 billion is invested in Distressed strategies.2
“Event driven can be one of the more conservative areas of the hedge fund space, with many aiming for low volatility and a Sharpe ratio in excess of 1.”
-bfinance, June 20192
DISTINCT, PROPRIETARY DYNAMIC BETA SYSTEM
We have developed a proprietary, complex system that seeks to follow the dynamically changing hedge fund universe.
- Seeks attractive long-term risk-adjusted returns relative to traditional financial market indices.
- Attempts to provide investors with an event-driven alternative allocation vehicle by investing in securities of companies on the basis that a specific event or catalyst will affect future pricing.
- Seeks to track the global universe of more than 140 event-driven hedge funds.
- Employs proprietary techniques and models to evaluate the drivers of performance of private funds that utilize event-driven strategies attempting to provide the return streams of event-driven managers.
- Invests in a variety of asset classes, such as, among others, mergers, restructurings, financial distress, tender offers, shareholder buybacks, debt exchanges, security issuance, or other capital structure adjustments.
- Seeks to gain exposure to these asset classes primarily through exchange-traded products such as exchange-traded notes (“ETNs”), exchange-traded funds (“ETFs”), and mutual funds, although the Portfolio may invest directly in currencies, equities, and fixed income securities.
- May also invest in derivative instruments to gain exposure to one or more asset classes, individual investments, or investment strategies.